Medications are a key part of the My Active Health platform and we make it as simple as possible to quickly add meds to your Care Plan.
When you're setting up your medication you can chose to track your inventory. If you select this option we will display a warning icon when your inventory drops below 7 pills.
You can also chose whether you would like to receive reminders. If you enable reminders you will receive a notification on your phone when it is time to take your pill. If you do not enable reminders the medication will appear in your Care Plan and you can log your doses as needed.
Here's how to add a medication:
- Login to your My Active Health app
- Tap the pink "+" icon in the right corner
- Select Medication
- You can search by Medication Name or DIN
- To search by Medication Name start typing the name. A list of medications will appear with the Name, Picture and DIN. Select the one you are looking for.
- To search by DIN enter the 8 digit DIN number found on your pharmacy receipt or medication package
Update your Display name (Optional)
- Tap the arrow next to Details and update your medication with a name you recognize (ex: My Heart Medication)
- For your convenience the name you assign as a Display name will appear in your Care Plan, Reminders, and Schedule. The medical name will be stored for use in reporting to your healthcare professional, in the Doctor's Report available on the Dashboard.
Enter a Start Date
- The date will default to today's date. Change this to another date if needed.
Set your End Date
- There is no End Date by default. If you add an End Date the reminders will stop sending after this date (the medication will stay in your Care Plan).
Track Inventory (Optional)
- Enter the current quantity in hand of the medication (ex: number of pills in the bottle)
If you want to log your doses of your medication as needed then you can select the Add button to add the medication to your Care Plan.
- If you want to receive reminders set the toggle to "On"
- Select the frequency of your reminders (every Day, every Week or Every Month)
For "Every Day" you must set up the following:
- The recurrence of this medication (ex: every 1 day, every 2 days)
For "Weekly" you must set up the following:
- The recurrence of this medication (ex: every 1 week, every 2 weeks)
- Day(s) of the week you will take your medication (can be more than one)
For "Monthly" you must set up the following:
- The recurrence of this medication (ex: every month, every 2 months)
- Day(s) of the month you will take your medication (can be more than one)
- You can add an alarm to any medication after you have enabled reminders. When you add an alarm the app will send you continuous notifications until you take an action (Take, Skip or Snooze). You can chose the frequency the notifications are received (minimum 5 minutes).
Add a dose
- If you take more than one dose of a medication tap "Add a dose" to setup additional reminders.
Once all the required information has been entered tap "Add". The medication will now appear in your Care Plan.